Part Time Temporary Finance Officer Required For Ulster-Scots Agency
Part Time Temporary Finance Officer Required
18 August 2017
The Ulster-Scots Agency is recruiting for a Part-time Temporary Finance Officer for their Belfast Office. To apply for this position please contact Diamond Recruitment (details below).
The Ulster-Scots Agency aims are to promote the study, conservation, development and use of Ulster-Scots as a living language; to encourage and develop the full range of its attendant culture; and to promote an understanding of the history of the Ulster-Scots.
This post is required to start ASAP duration of placement will be for 2-3 months with a possible extension
Salary & Benefits
Hours of Work: Part-time Office hours
Thursday and Friday 9-5
Shared Kitchen Facilities
- Updating the finance spreadsheet with information relating to the Agency’s spend;
- Forecasting spend for the following month;
- Contributing to financial analysis reports, Board budget reports and the budget report for the Chief Executive and senior Management Team.
Invoices & Payment Processing
- Checking invoices and VAT calculations;
- Ensuring appropriate backup is attached to each invoice including authorisation;
- Entering invoices onto Pegasus accounting software;
- Processing invoices for payment via BACS and computer generated cheques;
- Posting all payments to Pegasus accounting software;
- Updating finance/invoice spreadsheets with the payment and invoice details;
- Filing of invoices and remittances as appropriate;
- Issuing payment and remittance letters to payees;
- Issuing receipts for payments received.
- Preparation of Daily & Monthly bank reconciliation statements for the Agency;
- Updating excel cheque journals and receipts journals;
- Checking for unreconciled items;
- Reconciling and filing statements as appropriate;
- Managing and maintaining a filing system appropriate for reference purposes and audit checks.
Reports and Statistics
- Prepare monthly statistical and budget balance reports for management information;
- Preparation of any reports required by Staff Officer Accountant;
- Completion of Monthly Verification Report for Sponsor Departments.
- Production of month end reports and journals in line with procedure;
- Providing assistance to Finance department for internal and external audits.
- To be responsible, with the Staff Officer Accountant for managing the fixtures and fittings of the Agency’s premises;
- Maintaining the Agency’s Fixed Assets Register
- Carry out Administrative duties as required including photocopying, filing, handling telephone calls in relation to financial queries and any ad-hoc duties that may be required by Chief Executive Officer and/or Senior Management Team. The person may need to undertake any other tasks that are appropriate to the post and which reflect the needs of the organisation.
The appointee will report to the Staff Officer Accountant and will be responsible for the effective administration of the grant/supplier payment process and will be required to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- AAT Qualified or working towards or 3 years relevant experience in a financial role which included cash budgeting, payment processing, bank reconciliation, salary payments and the production of management reports and statistics;
- Minimum of five GSCEs Grade A-C (including Maths and English) or equivalent, or NVQ/SVQ in Business Administration Level 2 or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years’ experience using office based software packages and email;
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a customer facing/services environment
Essential Skills Area:
In addition to the above candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent IT skills with previous proven experience of working with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel in a busy accounts office
- Previous experience of working with accounting software eg Pegasus
- Previous experience of managing and processing payroll
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work as part of a busy team
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Flexible working attitude and willingness to help others in order to achieve objectives of the organisation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Previous experience of working with Pegasus accounting software including payroll
- Taking accounts to Trial Balance stage and understanding of journal entries.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position,
For further information on this opportunity please contact Leon McHugh at Diamond Recruitment on 02890 558 018, however you must send your CV first to allow me to assess your suitability.
Diamond Recruitment Group are official suppliers for all temporary jobs within the Northern Ireland Civil Service / Public Sector / NICS frameworks.
YOUR DETAILS WILL BE TREATED IN A CONFIDENTIAL MANNER WITH DIAMOND RECRUITMENT GROUP.
ONLY APPLICANTS MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.