Thank you to all those who were able to attend the Annual Mass for deceased members and friends in St Malachy’s Church last Friday Night. Being a bitterly cold night it was very heartening to see such a large turnout. Thank you to all the readers & those who brought up gifts at the start of Mass and at the offertory procession. Many thanks to Canon Magee who said the Mass and to Maurice O’Neill who put a lot of work into organised it. His work on this was greatly appreciated writes Michael McClean.
* A reminder that the Annual General Meeting of St Malachys GAC Castlewellan will take place on Thursday 29 November 2012 at 8.00pm in The Social Club. Nomination forms are available from the bar steward or download from the website. They must be returned on or before this Thursday 8 November 2012.
* The Executive Committee would like to thank all those members who have taken the time to complete and return their Club questionnaires. The feedback given is greatly appreciated. We also note that some members did not receive their questionnaires. For this we sincerely apologise. We are currently working to get our database up to date. Anyone still wishing to complete a form please e-mail Martin McClean at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will send a form to you. All information will be analysed and plans communicated in the near future. Anyone who has still a questionnaire to return please leave it in the post box at the Club. Some people have indicated that they would like to become more involved in the Club but did not give their details. Please contact John O’Neill on 07711737610.
* Club members organised and enchanted walk up to the Forest Park last Tuesday Night. Upwards of 200 adults and children took part in this event. This was a great success and a great fun evening for all. Thank you to all the organisers and parents for their support. Again there was a fantastic family atmosphere around the club and this was great to see. Children are the life blood in every club and it was great to see such a wonderful event and gathering on a cold Tuesday Night.
* The Ulster Colleges Casement Cup Hurling Final will take place this Thursday night. The venue has yet to be confirmed. St Patrick’s High School Downpatrick will play Rathmore Grammar in the Final. Two of our club men cousins’ Paraic Hardy and Sean Hardy will both line out for “The Red High”. We all wish both our players and their team mates all the very best of luck in the Final.
* Well the Competitors in the Castlewellan Let’s Dance Competition have all been letting their hair down this weekend. They have all had great night out on Saturday Night. A “Mr & Mrs” competition was organised for the them and their partners/spouses. Some people just never get out enough. When The Kerry Lass was asked “When you’re having a meal at home and there’s no-one else around, just you and your husband, do you always have serviettes, sometimes have serviettes, or never have serviettes?
Thinking it was a trick question she looked at Shane for a few seconds, smiled and answered “Do you mean boiled or fried?” like I said you need to get out a wee bit more H! A good night was had by all. The Castlewellan Let’s Dance is coming soon and there are tickets still available for the first night which is 24 November. Tickets on sale every Sunday Night from 9pm.
* Castlewellan AC athletes are running on a Tuesday & Thursday night. They leave from the club at 7.00pm. It will not be long before the 2013 Spring Lake comes round so it is time to get in shape for it. * Winter Fun Coaching Programme has commenced on Monday past in St Malachy’s High School. The timings for each group to attend are as follows; P1-P4 6-7pm, P5-P7 7-8pm. The cost for this £6 for six sessions. Registration will be on the night. Again all children in these age groups are welcome.
* It is not too often the Club Darts Team get a clean sweep home win. They did just that at the weekend with a 6-0 victory. Luke Roberts also got his first win under his belt also. He hit a 180! Pity because he had no-one to play and won by default. Still they all count Luke!
* The numbers in this week’s lotto there 4, 9, 10, 25. There were no jackpot winners and four £20 winners. They were; The Tiler, P. Rea, Olive Cousins and Seamus Laverty. Jackpot next week is £2500.