Winners from the MountainBikeNI Awards met recently at Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trails, powered by Chain Reaction Cycles, to celebrate their success.
Newry Mourne and Down District Council Chairperson Councillor Gillian Fitzpatrick said: “The mountain bike trails at Rostrevor opened in 2013 and draw thousands of mountain bike enthusiasts every year, with its success only continuing to grow. I am delighted that local Rostrevor businesses claimed victory in every category, apart from one, for the third year in a row.
“The mountain bike trails are owned by Newry, Mourne and Down District Council, and are maintained by the Mourne Heritage Trust.”
The winners included:
* Favourite Trail Head Provider: East Coast Adventure
* Favourite MTB-Friendly Café: Kilbroney Park Café
* Best Spot for an Apres-Ride Pint: Kilbroney Bar and Restaurant
* Best MTB Event: Red Bull Foxhunt, held at Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trails
* Favourite Trail Centre: Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trails
* Favourite Trail Section: Home Run at Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trails
* Favourite MTB View: Kodak Corner at Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trails
For a full list of award winners and more information on Northern Ireland’s official mountain bike trails visit: