Translink promises ‘Happy Days’ with summer campaign
Translink is encouraging people to get out and about this summer as it launches its ‘Happy Days’ summer 2011 campaign, offering a range of great value bus and rail tickets for top holiday and tourist destinations across Northern Ireland.
“Whether people want to follow in the footsteps of Finn MacCool at the Giant’s Causeway, step back in time at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum or simply ramble around the beautiful countryside our ‘Happy Days’ promotions give customers a hassle-free means of getting you there, ” said Ciaran Rogan, Translink Marketing Executive.
“Northern Ireland boasts many world-class days out, events and attractions so in the current climate where holiday budgets may be stretched and the cost of running a car has increased by 21% in the last year*, we want to remind people that public transport represents a great value travel option for local summer getaways.”
Special ‘Happy Days’ offers:
* NI Railways 1/3 off day return tickets
* Summer Bus Rambler Ticket – unlimited ‘hop on hop off’ Ulsterbus, Goldline and Metro day travel. Adult – £8 and Child/Concession – £4
* Metro Family Day Ticket – two adults and up to four children travel anywhere, anytime on the Metro network- £9
* Friends & Family Ticket– unlimited family travel by bus and rail for two adults and up to four children – £20
* iLink – Smartcard for unlimited bus and rail travel for one day, one week or one month
* Belfast Visitor Pass – unlimited bus and rail travel within greater Belfast for up to 3 consecutive days within the Belfast Visitor Pass Zone. The Belfast
*Visitor Pass also provides over 80 attractive discounts at visitor attractions, tours of the city, leisure and retail outlets, coffee shops and restaurants.
Ciaran Rogan added, “Many of our services take you past some of Northern Ireland’s hot spots for the perfect day out. This year we have also introduced a number of new summer services such as a direct coach from Belfast to the Giants Causeway, Northern Ireland’s most iconic World Heritage Site and better links to Mount Stewart, widely regarded as the National Trust’s most inspiring garden. We have also worked closely with a number of attractions to give bus and rail customer’s even more great value such as 2 for 1 on admission with a Translink ticket.
“Our summer 2011 services have been developed to appeal to all ages, tastes and interest groups, so whether it be families, day-trippers, ramblers, senior citizens or young adults we look forward to helping people enjoy ‘Happy Days’ with us this summer”.