DSD Gives £255,000 To Help Transform Newcastle As A Tourist Destination
It will cost a total of £288,500.00 with DSD providing funding of £255,000 and Down District Council contributing the remaining £32,000. Minister McCausland said: “This is a very exciting project which will deliver an innovative set of measures designed to give Newcastle a new set of tools to market itself as one of our top tourist destinations. The Revitalisation project in Newcastle town centre will play a significant role in the continued regeneration of the area.
The revitalisation project in Newcastle will include: –
* The purchase of a portable cinema.
* The provision of a covered event space to promote events all year round.
* The design and erection of a gateway feature for the town.
* The development of a Marketing Strategy and unique branding identity for the area.
* The promotion of events to publicise the area and increase footfall to local businesses.