The Downpatrick NIFRS were called out to an accidental fire in a kitchen in a flat at the top of Market Street in Downpatrick on Saturday evening at 7.40pm.
The fire was out on arrival of the firefighters but they carried out an inspection of the premises.
Two appliances from the Downpatrick Fire Station attended the incident. Following the inspection, the incident was dealt with at 8.23pm and the crews returned to the Fire Station just over two hundred yards away.
Police had to control the traffic flow as the fire tenders were parked at the junction at the bottom of Irish Street and the top of Market Street at the traffic lights.