* Everyone associated with the football club would like to pass on their condolences to the entire Baker family and her partner Peter and daughter Rebecca on the sudden death of Louise.
Louise was a senior member of our ladies’ team for the past number of years, she was someone who was known as highly competitive and this shone through when she pulled on the Downpatrick Jersey.
As the ladies enter the 2018 season, a huge void has been left in their squad such was the impression Louise has left, but this team of girls will remember her commitment and desire to be successful on the pitch and do her proud.
* We are holding an IFA Grassroots Introductory Coaching course on Friday 3 March from 6.30pm – 9.30pm in the De La Salle School, Downpatrick. This attendance-based Award is aimed at volunteers, parents, teachers, and aspiring or existing coaches working in the area of Grassroots Football with children between the ages of 5 – 12.
The course is 3 hours in duration, with both theoretical and practical content. Participants who complete the course will be presented with the Irish FA Grassroots Introduction to Coaching Booklet and certificate. If anyone is interested in attending this course please contact Tony McShane 07716 853990 or Paul Moore 07549 661772 or you can e-mail:
* This Saturday sees the 100 Club draw for February in Murphys Bar & Restaurant, the draw will take place between 4.00pm & 5.00pm. Could all those who have any outstanding money or owe for the current month please make sure they pay before 12pm on Saturday
* The first team welcome 1st Bangor to Rosconnor on Saturday afternoon, this match has a 2.00pm kick off.
* The seconds play Ballyvea on Saturday afternoon in the Quarter-Final of the Harry Clarke Cup at Carginagh Road, this match kicks off at 1.30pm.
* The ladies training continues on Monday nights from 6.00pm – 7.00pm at the 3G Pitch in the Red High and on Wednesday night in the car park behind the Bus Station from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. All old and new players are welcome.
* The under 18’s have a free week this Saturday, training continues on Tuesday night from 6.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch.
* The under 16’s are in the quarter final of the cup on Saturday morning when they play North End at Wallace Park, this match kicks off at 11.15am.
* The under 14’s have a free week this Saturday, training continues on Monday night from 7.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch.
* The under 13’s are back in action this Sunday morning when they play Castlewellan Town in Dunleath, this fixture is in the league and kicks off at 11.40am
* The 2006’s have a free week this Saturday, training continues on Monday night from 7.00pm at the Red High 3G Pitch.
* The 2007’s 9-a-side team play Banbridge Town Panthers at the Lisburn Leisureplex on Saturday morning, this match kicks off at 12.00pm.
* The small sided games development centre in the Red High on a Sunday Morning is for our under 8’s and under 10’s. The coaches will be in touch about who is playing and at what hour.
* Training for mini soccer will return on Monday 8thJanuary, the training times for the different age groups are as follows: 2010, 2009 & 2008 are training from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those born in 2006 & 2007 are training from 7.00pm – 8.00pm, they need to wear shin guards and football boots, bring a bottle of water and dress according to the weather conditions. Parents are asked to complete the registration forms as soon as possible and return them to Paul Moore or Tony McShane.
* Training for children born in 2013, 2012 and 2011 returns on Monday 8thJanuary in the Red High from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. The children born in 2011 will be outside this year and those born in 2012 & 2013 will be indoors. Any questions please contact our Youth Development Officer Paul Moore on 07549 661772.