Another busy week for Downpatrick FC.
* The first team have a free week this Saturday, before playing local neighbours Killyleagh in the quarter-final of the Border Cup, details to follow.
* Membership for ALL players is now overdue and needs to be paid ASAP, managers will have circulated the link by which this needs to be paid. For any advice on completing this please contact Tony McShane 07716853990.
* If anyone is interested in sponsoring a match for one of our senior teams please contact Tony McShane on 07716 853990 for further information.
* The seconds travel to play Castlewellan Forest on Saturday afternoon, this match kicks off at 2.00pm in the league.
* The under 18’s are in league action in the South Belfast League this Friday evening, the play Woodvale and the match kicks off at 8.15pm.
* The under 16’s play Hillsborough Boys on Saturday morning in the league. This match kicks off at 9.30am and is at Barbour Playing Fields. Downpatrick’s man of the match last Saturday was Colin Jones who receives a ‘Golden Ticket’ from sponsors Downpatrick Subway.
* The under 14’s play in the league on Saturday morning, they play Glendowan in Fullerton Park at 9.30am.
* The under 13’s play Kilmore Rec on Sunday 22ndOctober in Dunleath, kick off is at 10.30am.
* The 2006’s 9-a-side team are in the development league this Saturday morning with matches against Portaferry and Castlewellan Town in Dunleath. The first match kicks off at 10.00am and the second match at 10.30am. Last Saturday morning they played Portaferry and Celtic Bhoys, with a hat-trick from Stefan Parayag and a Jake Harding thunderbolt followed by a tough game against Celtic Bhoys. Despite the creating lots of great chances and having the majority of play in a tough game Downpatrick only had a Stefan Parayag strike to show for all the great team effort. Well done to all the kids on a wet day with outstanding performances from Sean Conway, Jake Harding, Thomas McKenna and Stefan Parayag. The player of the morning was Sean Conway who received a ‘Golden Ticket’ voucher sponsored by Subway Downpatrick.
* The 2007’s 9-a-side team play on Saturday morning but at the time of writing no fixture has been given out.
* The small sided games development centre has recommenced up in the Red High on a Sunday Morning, this is for our under 8’s and under 10’s. The coaches will be in touch about who is playing and at what hour.
* Training for mini soccer has moved up to the 3G Pitch at the Red High, the training times for the different age groups are as follows: 2010, 2009 & 2008 are training from 6.00pm – 7.00pm and those born in 2006 & 2007 are training from 7.00pm – 8.00pm, they need to wear shin guards and football boots, bring a bottle of water and dress according to the weather conditions. Parents are asked to complete the registration forms as soon as possible and return them to Paul Moore or Tony McShane.
* Training for children born in 2013, 2012 and 2011 will begin on Monday 9thOctober in the Red High from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. The children born in 2011 will be outside this year and those born in 2013 & 2012 will be indoors. Any questions please contact our Youth Development Officer Paul Moore on 07549 661772.