Top billing of the week goes to Aislinn Fitzpatrick. Aislinn had the honour of representing Aughlisnafin Primary School in Croke Park at the recent Down v Dublin National League game writes Martin McClean.
Although the main event did not go Down’s way Aislinn enjoyed her run out on the hallowed turf. Despite the cold of the evening Aislinn enjoyed her headquarters experience make her parents Conor and Bronagh very proud of her. Mind you she can walk up Mill Hill faster than her mum isn’t that right Bronagh! Well done to Aislinn.
* Good luck to the Down Under-21 Footballers for this week’s Ulster Championship semi final against the holders Cavan. We send our best wishes to Michael Cunningham, Rory Burns and David Gilmore.
* The Marie Jones play “A Night in November” will be performed on Saturday 20 April at 8.00pm in the Club Rooms. This much acclaimed play has been performed all over the world. The play is about Ken McCallister, a dole clerk who goes to the 1994 World Cup Qualifier on a night in November in Belfast as the Republic of Ireland plays Northern Ireland. Tickets are on sale from the Club at £10 each. It is anticipated that tickets will sell very quickly as this play has sold out virtually everywhere it has been shown. Can you please ensure you purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment.
* There will be bingo in the Club this Sunday 7 April 2013 at 3.00pm.
* The Activ8 programme ended with a flurry of activity. Outdoor sessions were curtailed by the lingering cold weather and poor ground conditions. It didn’t limit those with those who participated in the programme in the last week. Walking, running, tai chi, and circuits. A reminder that all participants are invited to the Activ8 Graduation night on Saturday 6 April at 9.00pm in the Club. There will be a Wine Reception with a disco + Karaoke. There will be some final points on offer for your team before final awards. * Under 12 girls training continues in St Malachy’s Primary School on Monday nights at 6.15pm to 7.15pm. Under-10 and Under -8 age groups.
* Under-8, Under-10 and Under-12 Camogie training continues every Wednesday in St. Malachy’s Primary School from 6.15pm – 7.15pm. Please wear suitable foot wear which will not mark the floor.
* The Under-14 footballers will train at the Bann Road on Wednesday night at 6.30pm. Tis will depend on the weather and the conditions also.
* Hurling outdoors will begin on Thursday 4 April (conditions permitting) at the Bann Road. Under-8 – primary 3/4 and Under-10 – primary 5/6 at 6.00pm. Under-14 hurling will begin at 5.45pm on Friday’s at the Bann Road. Again weather and conditions permitting.