* Over the past few months we have been revamping our website. This work is now almost complete and over the next week you will see a new format on the website. This format will also include links to the Down, Ulster and GAA Websites. There will also be links into local and national newspapers. We want to continually update and improve our site to ensure we provide for all our members writes Martin McClean.
* The Executive Committee is pleased to announce the new Senior Hurling Team Manager for 2013 will be Paul McCabe. Paul has had given a long and distinguished playing career with The Town in both the football and hurling codes. In the last few years he has an extended playing career and has always lead by example on the field. We all have no doubt that the enthusiasm he has shown as a player on the field of play will rub off on his fellow players. We all wish Paul and the lads every success this year.
* This Saturday Night Castlewellan GAC will host the Marie Jones Play “A Night in November”. This will be performed by local actor Aaron Hickland. Tickets are on sale from the Club at £10 each. It is anticipated that tickets will sell very quickly as this play has sold out virtually everywhere it has been shown. Can you please ensure you purchase your ticket as soon as possible.
* Activ8 will kick off on Ash Wednesday (13th February). All the details of the week one schedule are available on our website. The activities will be scheduled at various times to meet the needs of all lifestyles and ensure that there is something for everyone. Cost to participate in the Activ8 Program is £30 for the entire duration of Lent and this may be paid in two installments For this you can attend as many events as you wish. Participants will nominate which charity they wish the organizer to donate towards.
* Well done to Michael Cunningham on his performances between the sticks for Down in the two National League outings to date. Although the results have been unfavourable we applaud Michael and his Down teammates for their undoubted commitment to the red and black. It is clear that the two defeats to date hurt, but it is a young team and time is on their side.
* A date for your diaries, there will be bingo again in the club on Sunday 24 February 2013 at 3.00pm.
* A four week winter coaching programme began on Tuesday (12 February) for all primary school children. It will begin in St Malachy’s High School in the main gym. 6pm to 7pm for P1-P4 and 7pm to 8pm for P5-P7. The programme will be free for all children taking part but they must have paid their membership for the 2013 season. Membership can be paid on Tuesday night in the High School or by arrangement by installments over the 4 week period. Please note that all children must have and wear gum shields during these training sessions. Refer tohttp://www.gaa.ie/ for more information. All new members are welcome.
* Thank you to all those coaches who attended the Child Protection Course on Friday night past and to Liam McGreevy for delivering this course.
* All juvenile team coaching appointments have now been ratified by the committee and there will be a meeting of all Club juvenile coaches on Friday 22nd of February at 8.15pm sharp. The meeting will last no longer than 1 hour. Please let John O’Neill know if you are unable to attend.
* Sunday 24 March 2013 sees our second annual Spring Lake Challenge. You can register on-line for the race at www.athleticsni.org or on the day of the event. Further details will be available nearer the event time.
* The Annual Awards Night will be held in the Club on Saturday 9 March 2013. Further details of the night will be released in the coming weeks.
* Membership payments are overdue. Forms are available in the club and also can be downloaded from our website; www.castlewellangac.com. Final Payment must be made by 28th February 2013.
* Anyone interested in coaching or helping out with our underage teams please contact John O’Neill on 07711737610. You can never have enough coaches in a club. If you wish to help out with a team or just to come along and help, your assistance is very much appreciated.
* Hurling coaching will continue on Thursday evenings at St Malachy’s Primary School at 6.00pm. From 6.00pm to 7.00pm coaching will cater for P1 to P4 boys. 7.00pm to 8.00pm will cater for P5 to year 8 boys eligible to play U-12 hurling in 2013.
* The lotto numbers for this week were 5, 6, 16 and 19. There were no jackpot winners and two £20 winners Greta Corrigan and Patricia & Gerard Toner Next Week’s Jackpot is £3200.