* The ‘Day at the Races’ event was a huge success on Sunday with everyone enjoying a great day out and hopefully went home with a few winnings! Thanks to those who were able to make it, your support is greatly appreciated. Many thanks to Toals Bookmakers who donated complimentary bets on the Race day, to John Mc Leigh who sponsored a meal for four, to Brendan Duffy who sponsored a 32-inch television and to Sean Graham’s Bookmakers who sponsored a free bet for each ticket holder. A massive thank you also to the committee whose hard work made the day a very enjoyable and relaxing one and to the Racecourse and in particular Richard Lyttle whose kind hospitality and organisation ensured the day was a great success.
* Sending many happy returns this week to Club captain Michael Farrand and his brother John Paul Farrand who celebrated their birthdays recently and also to treasurer Sean ‘Sadie’ McLaughlin!
* The U-14’s gained a draw at home against Cill Darrach last week. The final score was 2-14 to 4-08 though there was opportunity to steal a win here. On Monday night they were unfortunate to get beaten by a point against St Joseph’s though both sides seemed to take turns having good spells on the ball yet Bright were making a really good comeback when they unfortunately ran out of time. Niall Byrne and John Burns played with real determination this week and Cormac McLaughlin is definitely a dependable member of this team always battling and winning most tackles. There were a few missed scores, though the ground did become quite slippery when the skies emptied half way through the first half. James Milligan is becoming stronger fighting for the ball and then releasing it from the danger zone. This team have what they need to win games, maybe a little more self belief is all that is needed sometimes.
* Bright’s Cúl Camp 2011 will take place during the week of 1st – 5th August. This is a great opportunity to develop your Gaelic football skills and make new friends. If you want more information or to book a place on this camp please contact Ollie Burke on 07533563788.
* Lotto numbers this week are 7, 10, 13 and 18. Three share £50 this week with three numbers. Next week’s jackpot will be an appealing £3,400! The draw will take place on Sunday night in The SOS Bar, Killough.
* 200 Club winners this month are £500 Kevin Holland £100 Louise/James Byrne, Peter Rogan, Caolan Tumelty, Sean Sharvin and Maureen Sharvin.
* Date for your diary: Andrea Rice will be playing at The Castle Inn, Ballynoe on Saturday, June 11th 2011. Everyone is welcome to come along.
* This month’s committee meeting will take place on Wednesday at 7.30p.m at Bright GAC. Everyone to attend.
* Bingo at Bright Community Hall every Sunday night from 8p.m.