NI Water recently attended the DUP annual conference in Belfast to promote the ‘Beat the Freeze’ campaign.
This message encourages people to take steps ahead of winter to protect their water pipes and avoid bursts and disruptions water supply.
* NI Water has produced a handy stop valve tag to encourage customers to locate their valve in the event of a burst pipe. Customers can obtain a free tag and other promotional items, including room temperature cards and ice scrappers by phoning the Waterline number 08457440088, emailing or contacting us through Facebook or Twitter .
* NI water also have a Customer Care Register which is designed to meet the needs of those requiring extra help or support from the organisation. Joining is simple, customers can phone the Waterline number or obtain further information by visiting our website www.niwater.com
In January 2011 a single burst pipe in a vacant business property lost over 30 million litres of water. This was enough to:
* Supply a family of 4 with water for 137 years
* Fill 15 million kettles
* Make 120 million cups of tea
* You could have 375,000 baths
* You could have 850,000 showers
* Flush a toilet about 3,000,000 times