Ardglass GAC Weekly Notes 10th April (by Paul O’Shea)
Ardglass 3-9 Bright 0-5
In their first game of the season the Under 12’s started slowly as the visitors dominated the first five minutes. However after that Ardglass raised their game and dominated the rest of the game. The goals where scored in the first half by C Mahon (1) and M Kearney (2) while there where great points scored by Chris Curran, Fionn McGirr and Caelan Fitzsimmons. In defence Conor Kearney, Thomas Millar and Joel Wills played well
* Please not U12 Training is now on Thursday 6.20-7.30pm.
Team : C Fitzsimmons, C Kearney, J Deegan, P Rogan, M Kearney, J Wills, T Millar, F McGirr, C Mahon, C Curran, B Kelly.
EDRFL – Ardglass 1-12 Saul 2-7
The Reserves got their season off to a good start with a hard-earned victory. This was usual East Down derby fair, with both sides giving everything and end to end football. Both sides exchanged the lead throughout the entire game with late points from John Polley and Eamon McEvoy gave Ardglass the two points. In Defence Mark Lennon and Jordan Ross played to a high standard while in attack Minors Mark Cahir and Owen Curran showed well.
The next match i s away to Darragh Cross.
Team : M Armstrong, M Lennon J O’Connor, C O’Connor, S P Halpin, J Ross, A Finnegan, A Costello, M Crangle, P Smyth, J Polley, P Curran, M Cahir, O Curran, T Kearney. Subs – E McEvoy, P O’Shea, S Rooney, S Teggart .
Training Times and Fixtures
* Seniors Monday 7th Wednesday 6.45pm at Ardtole. Away to Mitchel’s Friday @ 7pm
* U-14’s Tuesday 6.45 @ Ardtole home to Bright 11th and away to Dromara 18th
* Minors Sunday 1pm @ Ardtole – league starts 19th April
* U-16 Girls Saturdays 12pm @ Ardtole.
* U-12 Boys and Girls Thursday 6.20pm – 7.30pm @ Ardtole
* U-8’s Saturday 10.30 @ Ardtole – challenge game Sunday 17th away to Teconnaught.